- June 2, 2012: 3:00PM to 7:00PM
Louis Engel Waterfront Park, Secor Road & Westerly Road, Ossining, NY (Easy access via Metro North! Plenty of parking, too.) map
The 2012 Riverkeeper Sweep engaged 450 volunteers in projects that removed 7 tons of trash, planted 125 trees and more – all in service to the Hudson River. Thank you, volunteers! Click here for details.
A Day of Service for the Hudson River
An Evening of Celebration on the Ossining Waterfront
- Free Live Music by Stew Cutler and friends from 4-5 and 6-7 p.m.
- Awards Ceremony honoring Clean Water Champions at 5 p.m.
- *Sailing with the Ossining Community Sailing Club, 3-7 p.m.
- *Kayaking with Hudson River Recreation, 4-7 p.m.
- Sunset Sails ($60) and Sunset Paddles ($40) departing at 7 p.m., tickets available at the event on a first come first serve basis.
- Capt. John Lipscomb and the Riverkeeper Patrol Boat
- Seining with Hudson River Estuary Program Naturalists at 3 p.m.
- Educational Tables about Hudson River Issues & Organizations
- Food by Wobble Café and Whole Foods Market
- Beer by Captain Lawrence Brewing Company
- Fly Fishing Demonstrations with Orvis
- Open House at the Ossining Boat and Canoe Club
- Playground for kids
- And more…
The Riverkeeper Sweep features 30+ volunteer-led cleanups on June 2 covering more than 100 miles of Hudson River. Details, and volunteer registration at riverkeeper.org/sweep.
*Sailing and kayaking are first come, first served for Riverkeeper members at the Advocate ($40) level. Become a member today!
Join the event on Facebook
Download and print our Sweep Party flier to help promote the event!